Safety and COVID-19 Protocols
Learn more about how we minimize the spread of infection and the risk of COVID-19 transmission
The safety of our patients and the dental professionals in our practice has always been a top priority at Stuart Prosthetic Dentistry. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
New Infection Control Protocols
- We have implemented VidaShield Fast, Continuous, UV-C Air Purification. Learn more.
- Temperature screening via non contact infrared digital thermometer for all staff daily and patients prior to treatment.
- We have a centralized air purifier in addition to individual single room air purifiers in each treatment room.
- You will be asked to wash your hands upon entry to treatment room.
- You may be asked to rinse with an antiseptic mouth rinse, provided by us, prior to treatment.
- All patients and visitors may be asked to wear a face covering when entering the office until seated in treatment room.
- During treatment, PPE worn by staff will include:
- Gloves: Put on after thorough hand washing
- Masks: N95, KN95, or Level 3 at minimum
- Eye protection: dental loupes or goggles
- Face-shields: used during generation of aerosols
- Surgical Gowns or lab coat: replaced between each patient after generation of aerosols
- Scrubs and head covers: Laundered daily
- In general, appointments will be managed to allow for minimal to no interaction between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Finally, we are excited to announce that we are now completely paperless. All patient forms and other forms of communication can now be made available to you in secure digital format.